Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Marvelous Primordial State

From a root Dzogchen text (the Mejung Tantra):
The definitive secret instruction is the meaning of the marvelous [state]. The marvelous secret is that all phenomena originate from me, are created by me, expand from me, and I manifest in them. They emanate from me and are reabsorbed into the expanse [of my nature]. 
I enjoy myself in all phenomena that originate from me. I reveal and proclaim the greatness of myself in the qualities [that arise from me]. I show the total self in the phenomena that originate from me. As to their arising, phenomena originate from me and are re-absorbed into [my] expanse. Not a single phenomenon exists that does not originate from me or is not me.
Translator's commentary:

The definitive instruction consists of the fact that just as waves arise from the ocean, exist as the ocean, and subside in the ocean, all things originate from one’s self, exist as one’s self, and dissolve in one’s self. Without renouncing anything, enjoying the creations of one’s state, one meets the true condition, thus openly revealed as the all-inclusive reality.

No comments: